Lund Copenhagen is a prestigious brand steeped in history. In 1858 when Bernhard Hertz, a jeweller apprentice, passed his examination to become a journeyma, he sold his journeyman’s piece – a gold leaf bracelet with diamonds, pearls and rubies – to Frederik VII for 300 coins. The King gave this piece of jewellery to Countess Danner, and Hertz used the money to found “Bernhard Hertz”. The bracelet, known as one of its times “most splendid and excellently made pieces of jewellery” is now exhibited at the Art and Industry Museum.
One hundred years later – Flemming Lund the newly qualified silversmith is given a silver medal for his journeyman’s piece and starts work for Svend Christensen. In 1967 when he died, Lund took over the master's business including the import of Italian gold and silver chains.
He went on to take over “Berhard Hertz”, “Kjeld Jacobsen –diamonds” and “Volmer Bahner – enamel and jewellery”. Lund was becoming the main supplier for most of the country’s goldsmiths. In 1995 Helle Lund joined the company and added a new dimension to the business by introducing Pearls and Semi-precious stones. After her husband’s death in 2001 she is now the business owner.
Helle Lund has respectfully taken the business into the present, creating a more modern yet classic look. This prestigious brand continues to make quality, fashionable and desirable show-stopping jewellery.